Welcome to the Baymax Baby Rattle Amigurumi Crochet Pattern!
I decided to make the Baymax Baby Rattle the blog tutorial for the Rattle Base because it was the easiest form to design, and make. Baymax's minimalist design, thanks to Tadashi [RIP], is a very recognizable and very easily replicable aesthetic; and this pattern base showcases it. I hope you enjoy making this as much as I did. Keep Count and Stay Creative, my friends!
*This post has affiliate links. Any purchases you make via my links will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting small businesses.
- 2 mm crochet hook [2mm to 3.25 mm ]
- Yarn [red heart super saver]
- 20mm rattle box insert
- Yarn Needle
US Terms to Know
- Mc magic circle
- Sc single crochet
- Inc increase
- Dec decrease
- Sl st slip stitch
- FLO front loop only
- BLO back loop only
- FO fasten off
- must know basic sewing/ embroidery
Baby Rattle Base [top to bottom]
- Mc, 6 sc
- Inc 6x 
- Sc, inc 6x 
- 2 sc, inc 6x 
- 3 sc, inc 6x 
- 4 sc, inc 6x 
- 36 sc for 7 rounds
- Dec 18x 
- Stuff along the sides of the head, making a ‘nest’ for the insert. There should be no dents in the head, but you also should not be able to feel the insert from the outside.
- 4 sc, dec 3x 
- FLO, 15sc
- 15 sc for 12 rounds
- mildly stuff the handle every 2 rounds
- 15 sl st
- BLO, 3 sc, skip sl st, 1 sc, repeat 2 more times. [12 sc]
- Cinch to close, tie off, and leave a generous tail.
- Weave the tail up through the handle, and out the back of the ‘neck.’ while pulling the tail, push the bottom up into itself to make the bottom flat. When you get the desired flat bottom, snip the excess tail.
- massage your amigurumi rattle: roll the handle to redistribute the stuffing, and push the bottom back up if it pops out.
Eyes [black, make 2]
- leave a generous tail before making the magic circle.
- Mc, 6sc
- FO, leave a generous tail.
Using black, sew Baymax’s middle line. Then sew the eyes to the face at both ends of the black line. Make sure to tuck in the ends into the head.