I adore the fiery spirit of Merida. Although she is no conventional princess, she still maintains the core virtues of one. Solid in her convictions, she knows who she is. She is truly brave for sticking by her sense of self even in front her mother. Merida is the second in this series that I designed an amigurumi doll in my style.
Thank you so much for supporting my amigurumi. *There is an affiliate link to where I buy the yarn for this pattern. (highlighted) I earn a small commission when you buy anything using my link at no additional cost to you. Everyone gets a 15% off their first order at lovecrafts.com
You may make as many as you - yourself - wish. Please cite “Cult Amigurumi” as the original designer.
You may not resell this pattern or its images in part or in whole to a third party distributor for mass production. You may not claim this pattern or its images as yours.
- 2mm crochet hook
- Stylecraft Special DK yarn [black, stone, spice, denim, mustard, walnut]
- Poly-fil stuffing and the stick it comes with
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker or a small contrast color yarn
Terms to Know
- MC magic circle, or CH2, 6SC in CH1
- SL ST slip stitch
- CH chain
- SC single crochet
- CC color change
- HDC half double crochet
- INC increase
- DEC invisible decrease
- FLO front loop only
- BLO back loop only
- FO fasten/ finish off
- Basic sewing/ embroidery skills
Legs to Body to Head
- Leg 1 Walnut- MC 6SC
- INC, SC, 3X 
- CC Stone- 9SC for 8 rounds
- FO, repeat with Leg 2 but don’t FO
- CC denim- SC, CH3, 9SC around Leg 1, 3SC in the 3CH, 9SC around Leg 2 
- 24SC for 2 rounds
- BLO 24SC
- 2SC, DEC, 6X 
- 18SC for 3 rounds
- Stuff the body.
- SC, DEC, 6X 
- CC stone- BLO 12SC
- Finish stuffing the body; not too firmly.
- Make sure you’re at the center back of the neck- using the FLO, INC 12X 
- SC, INC, 12X 
- 36SC for 7 rounds
- CC spice- 4SC, DEC, 6X 
- 3SC, DEC, 6X 
- 2SC, DEC, 6X 
- Stuff the head firmly.
- SC, DEC, 6X 
- FO- Cinch to close, tie off, tuck into the amigurumi, and snip off any excess.
- Stone- MC 6SC
- INC, SC, 2X 
- 8SC for 5 rounds
- CC Denim - FLO INC, SC, 4X 
- Do not stuff the arms.
- DEC, SC, 4X 
- 3SC, pinch and SC the opening together.
- FO, leave a long tail.
- Using spice- Leave a long tail, MC 6SC
- INC, 6X 
- SC, INC, 6X 
- 2SC, INC, 6X 
- 3SC, INC, 6X 
- CH31, 30HDC, skip a stitch, SL ST in the next stitch. Repeat this 7 more times [8 strands total] *this is the back of the hair.
- Using the FLOs only- CH31, 30HDC, skip a stitch, SL ST in the next stitch, repeat for a total of 6 strands, CH1, turn *this is the front of the hair.
- Using the exposed loops, CH31, 30HDC, skip a stitch, SL ST in the next loop, repeat for a total of 3 strands.
- In total, there should be 17 strands.
- FO, leave the same length tail as the beginning.
- SC, INC, 12X , SL ST, CH1
- 36HDC, SL ST, CH1
- 36HDC, SL ST,
- CC mustard- CH1, 36SC, SL ST
- CC denim- CH1, 36HDC, SL ST
- FO, weave in the ends through the skirt and into the body.
Sew on the arms.
Using black- Embroider the eyes.
Flipping the hair piece wrong side up, sew the hair piece along the hairline/ color change on the head, making sure the front side of the hair piece is in the front of the doll's face.
Style the hair however you, using the long tails to sew any free pieces. I did a side swept style that also covered the top of the hair piece. This is to make sure that wherever you see on Merida's head, there is hair!
Your Merida Doll is done!
Please like and comment what amigurumi doll you want to see next.
Keep Count and Stay Creative, my friends!